So, Papa came up on Saturday afternoon and we were 'Dega bound by 7:15 on Sunday morning. On the way, we saw lots of interesting things. We saw how ALL lanes of traffic are diverted to the track on race-day. You would not believe the cars and people fom all over the country!! We also got to see places that sold beads...we will leave what those were for to your imagination--no one will tell me!! We also got to see old buildings that were advertising showers for $5.00. I guess people need to be clean at Talladega??!! But, this first pic is the best--one stop shopping for race-day. Get a shower and your beads in one place!
Upon arriving at the race-track, the sheer amount of people and activity is mind-blowing. There are people and things to see EVERYWHERE!!! And then the coolest thing happened--about ten Star-Wars guys were there!!! I got to have my picture taken with them and told my mother that this was the best day of my whole life.
We also had tickets to the Caterpillar hospitality tent and that meant I got to meet the driver, Jeff Burton. He was so nice. He autographed my hat and a picture and he took time for a photo op with me. Then, we got to go on the track and on a tour of pit-road. While we were there, I met the pilots that were going to be doing the fly-over. We couldn't believe that they knew Ben, only they know him as Bluto!! Small world for these guys I guess. Anyway, they took a picture with me too and later, mom took a ton of pics of the fly-over for me. It was really cool...they came back around three times and at one point one of them turned the nose of his jet straight up. That display further cemented my desire to fly one myself someday. So, finally after lunch, we made to our seats which were awesome. We were right between the exit of pit road and the start/finish line. I don't think I was prepared for how LOUD it gets!!! Luckily, I had two sets of ear protection.
It was a really fun day.

No comments:
Post a Comment