Wednesday, June 10, 2009

St. Louis 3

These last pics are from the St. Louis Zoo--a huge, wonderfully maintained and free zoo. My favorite animals were the penguins and some of the other birds. Like my dad, I also really liked the river otters. They were very playful, I also got to see a peacock roaming freely and was very excited about it. The zoo is so big that we were there from 9:30 am to about 4:30 pm, by the end of the day we were all really tired.
As you can see, we had a good time in St. Louis. I learned to play checkers (sort of) and got to visit with Aunt Saundra and Aunt Gloria and we took turns hiding quarters and finding them--a game of my own design. Be warned, I thought it was a lot of fun and if you remind me of it, you should be prepared to devote large chunks of time to this game. Luckily for me, my aunts had fun playing.
Thus concludes the Great American Road Trip 2009. We came back home on Saturday, an 8.5 hour trip via Nashville. Thank goodness I am an excellent kid (in the car and out) and so it was really a easy trip as far as car-rides go. Just long. For as much fun as we had, we were all happy to be at home and out of the car. Daisy and Abby and Red were pretty excited to see us too.
I think my mom was so excited to be back in Alabama she almost cried, she kept pointing out red dirt and pine trees. She is a strange lady :)







Posted by Picasa

No comments: